Monday, March 27, 2006

Quoting Time II: Advice, poetry, slogan and prose.

To love one's self is the beggining of a life-long romance.

Oscar Wilde.

Some Saian mountaineer
Struts today with my shield.
I threw it down a bush and ran
When the fighting got hot.
Life seemed somehow more precious;
It was a beatiful shield.
To hell with it!
I know where I can find another
Exactly like it, just as round.

Archilochus of Paros.

Potius mori quam foedari.

Templar slogan.

His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

From The Dead, by James Joyce.

***

From my audio-stash to your heart:
"Only", by Nine Inch Nails

2 Comments:

Blogger Silent said...

Too tired to be me,
Tired of being me.

Too fucked up to write
All dressed up to fight.

Too weak from trying,
Though;
Strong enough for quoting.

***

My apologies: I am sad, angry, bursting with contempt and I feel tired, so tired; cannot write down something postable in these conditions.
So the great ones speak for me.

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Irene Adler said...

I only wish we had been able to spare you from pain. I´ve seen you grow from a chubby shy boy to a handsome full of anger man. Sometimes I really wish I could touch you, but you are just too out of reach. I believe you are one of those rare souls that actually do make this world worth for. But for this I guess you must pay a high price. I´m also here. And death shall have no dominion.
And don´t worry about grades, all of them think you shine.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home